Home | Help | Search | Login | Register

mulonga.net forum  |  IT Centers  |  Binga Highschool Alumni Forum  |  Topic: BHS EX StUDENTS ASSOC-URGENT!!!!!! « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: BHS EX StUDENTS ASSOC-URGENT!!!!!!  (Read 4769 times)
Temba Munsaka

Mwapona buti basa?

tembamtee@hotmail.com
« on: November 11 2008 »

Dear All,

Am worried that we are so good at discussing on line and yet do NOTHING to enforce our thoughts! It's time we become real and stop dreaming. All progressive thinking BHS ex- students should rise up to the challenge.

Two issues:

a) We URGENTLY need to step in and help the teachers with incentives (please can someone give me the BHS contact numbers? all numbers in the Directory seem not to work)
b) We need to help promising students from poor back grounds (those who are learning at BHS) with fees
c) We need to sponsor with PRIZES students who score high marks in each subject or eve sports events
d) We NEED to buy books, at least the basic books

I have some funds that I intend to give to our teachers as incentives. Please Peter, can you help with the logistics and the administartion of the funds.

Dominic, where are you y brother?

Ndalumba,

Temba

Nsaka
Temba Munsaka

Mwapona buti basa?

tembamtee@hotmail.com
« Reply #1 on: November 17 2008 »

DearAll,

Can someone please say something please? Where are all BHS Ex Students?

Nsaka
Mwanapote

« Reply #2 on: November 18 2008 »

Temba,

Great to see all your efforts on BHS. I will be glad to support any effort by alumni. I think it may be useful to see how we can get hold of people directly and use this forum as a supplementary tool. Secondly, we need to ensure that perhaps people in South Africa, UK, USA or other areas can talk on a conference call or something like skype. My address is dmuntanga you can search for me on skype.

I am already helping to fund 60 students at Binga High School and have started an initiative to bring together the Zimbabwean Diaspora and global citizens to help Zimbabwe. You can visit our website: www.zimcouncil.org 

Through this effort, we donate medical supplies to help Medical students at the University of Zimbabwe to continue their training. The idea is that we need to help those who are helping others, including doctors e.t.c. I am not so much interested in starting another NGO that gives out food, but am interested in creating a structure to mobilize resources and support people who are working to help others, but do not have exposure.

We have three taskforces- Education, Health and Economic Development. In Education, we will be launching a program to pay for students who have graduated from A'Level to teach in schools we select- 5 to begin with. This is in response to the severe shortage of teachers in schools. In exchange, we will pay for these people to do distance learning courses toward a degree course for four years while they teach. This costs about $300 per person per year and I believe we may also provide these teachers with food and transportation money to supplement their salaries.  I have spoken to a number of people over here who are willing to commit to helping in that way. But this is not just for Binga. To make sure that the process is honest and that there is transparency, we have committees, one of which is responsible for selecting the first 5 schools to launch this project.  I have submitted Binga High School as a viable potential candidate. The team will look at various metrics and in addition to putting teachers, we will send books.

I was in Zimbabwe in September and visited BHS on September 2, 2008, the day schools were supposed to open. Our dining hall has no chairs and in fact there was no grain of salt in the school. I met with Mr. Ncube and others.

I would like to help Binga and Zimbabwe at large and am now focusing my efforts on building an institution that can acquire resources and lobby other NGOs abroad to come and help Zimbabwe. Right now, I am working on a F.A.Q sheet to help people who want to donate goods to Zimbabwe so that they have access to information. Many people who want to support have numerous questions on whether the goods  and money they donate will reach their intended beneficiaries. So, we have to provide clear information as well as have transparent structures in place.

I believe we should join forces with already existing structures to help BHS and no reinvent the wheel.

Visit our facebook group:
http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=45178720675#/group.php?gid=7275155364

EDUCATION TASKFORCE
Join group at: http://groups.google.com/group/Zimbabweeducation

HEALTH TASKFORCE
Join the google groups at: http://groups.google.com/group/healthtaskforce

Thanks,

Dominic

Peter Kuthan / AZFA
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: November 21 2008 »

Dear Temba,

The Binga High Address is P.Bag 5722, Binga. Phone number is 015 330.
I have to let you know, however, that there has been very little, if
any movement of mail by our postal services over the last few months.
The best option is to use email to the school and I can print out and
give to the head. Use my email add. cc kunzwana@mweb.co.zw

There is a great need for active intervention in the education system
if the upcoming school graduates are to be effective in developing their
communities.

Warm regards,
Sengamo
ZILUNDU

« Reply #4 on: November 24 2008 »

WHAT I AM SAYING MIGHT NOT BE TRUE!

YOU HAVE RELIED ON A WRONG PLATFORM TO GET TO PEOPLE (EX-BINGA HS STUDENTS). REMEMBER BROTHER THAT VERY FEW PEOPLE HAVE PLENTY OF INTERNET ACCESS AND WHEN THEY DO THEY ARE CHECKING THEIR MAIL AND A FEW OTHER THINGS EXCLUDING CHECKING ON MULONGA. UNFORTUNATE?

FORMING AN ORGANISATION DOES NOT NEED 100 PEOPLE TO BE THERE, I SUPPOSE. DO HAVE THE TIME? IF YOU CAN DO THE FOLLOWING:

*COME UP WITH A MISSION STATEMENT, AIM, A LIST OF OBJECTIVES, SKELETON OF A CONSTITUTION, A LIST OF VACANT POSTS FOR THE EXECUTIVE/SECRETARIAT FOR THE HQ IN BINGA... IN YOUR CONSTITUTION GIVE ROOM FOR OPENING OF FOR EXAMPLE THE HWANGE CHAPTER OR THE BULAWAYO AND DIASPORA CHAPTERS.

* THEN A SMALL MEETING CAN BE HELD AT BINGA SO THAT THE VACANT POSTS ARE FILLED AND THE CONSTITUTION IS ADOPTED AND PEOPLE ARE GIVEN TASKS THEN FROM THERE WE CAN SEE WHAT BECOMES AN OBSTACLE.

*THE PRESIDENT SHALL BY MEANS OF THE POWERS VESTED UPON HINM BY THE ASSOCIATION DELEGATE, I MEAN DELEGATE TO GET SOME OF YOUR ASPIRATIONS AND VISION MET.

BY THE WAY WHERE ARE YOU?

IF IT'S NOT APARTHY AMONG THE BINGA EX STUDENTS, THEN IT'S SOMETHING! WHO OWNS THIS PLATFORM. HOW MANY CENTRES IN BINGA HAVE ACCESS, I MEAN FREE BATONGA ACCESS TO THE SITE SO THAT THEIR GOOD VIEWS ARE REGISTERED.

ABOUT HELPING, THERE HAS TO BE A SYSTEM, I MEAN TRANSPARENT SYSTEM INTO WHICH HELP CAN BE SEEN PERCOLATING IN THE RIGHT VEINS TO THE EMPTY VESSELS. WE HAVE HAD SO MANY HELPING HANDS THAT WERE BIT IF NOT CHEWED OFF TO THE BONE BY THE WRONG MOUTHS. EEZI NGAZILUNGISIGWE. SOMETHING OPEN TO AUDIT CAN ATTRACT THE HAND THAT GIVETH.

UNTIL WE FIND A REMEDY FOR GREEDINESS THAT WE HAVE THUS FAR EXPERIENCED WE CAN CONTINUE TRYING TO DO ALL THAT IS AT OUR DISPOSAL TO MAKE THIS WORLD AND BINGA A BETTER PLACE.

ALL THE BEST TO EVERYONE!!!

Temba Munsaka

Mwapona buti basa?

tembamtee@hotmail.com
« Reply #5 on: November 25 2008 »

Dear All,

I agree with you my dear brother. However, you did not give us your name. I am in Harare. In fact, I will be in Binga on the 5th of December. How many people can make it to Binga for a meeting on the 6th??? I propose that we come up with a working committee. Meanwhile let us try to mobilise fomer students to attend a meeting for the 6th. I will come up with a draft consitition which I will post before then.

Regards,

Temba

Nsaka
ZILUNDU

« Reply #6 on: November 29 2008 »

COMMUNICATING BY WAY OF SMS WILL HELP REACH MANY EX-BINGA HS STUDENTS AND I HAVE JUST STARTED THAT. AS YOU READ THIS GIVE YOURSELF TIME TO SPREAD THE MESSAGE

MUCHAALE MULUUMUNO

ZILUNDU PRIINCE 011599953
Pages: [1] Print 
mulonga.net forum  |  IT Centers  |  Binga Highschool Alumni Forum  |  Topic: BHS EX StUDENTS ASSOC-URGENT!!!!!! « previous next »
Jump to: