Home | Help | Search | Login | Register

mulonga.net forum  |  IT Centers  |  Binga Highschool Alumni Forum  |  Topic: Binga High School-Ex Students Association « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Binga High School-Ex Students Association  (Read 9864 times)
Temba Munsaka

Mwapona buti basa?

tembamtee@hotmail.com
« on: December 05 2007 »

To All BHS Ex-Students!!!!

Greetings to you all! There has been too much talk without any action about the ex students association! If you happen to be in either Bulawayo or Harare, please contact me on tembam@pactzw.org that we may form chapters in these areas prior to the formation of the association. We will then need to come up with working parameters so that the dream may at least come true!

This obviously is a development association (to develop our beloved school) and it is the duty of every student that went through the school. I would really appreciate if we all come together for the betterment of our school. We can source reading materials, improve the library and even raise funds for the school. There are a million things that we can do for the school, only if we are available and committed!

Regards,

Temba Munsaka

Nsaka
Temba Munsaka

Mwapona buti basa?

tembamtee@hotmail.com
« Reply #1 on: December 11 2007 »

Come on guys, lets talk! are you Binga High School ex student? if so, please lets chat the way forward! Where are you? What is your email address? and contact numbers? Do you wanna join and be part of this noble idea? Then, why delay, contact me NOW!

Does anyone have the headmaster's contact numbers or email address? The ones in the directory seem not to work!

Leza amulongezye!

Nsaka
Peter Kuthan / AZFA
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: December 13 2007 »

Dear Temba

I am glad that the BIDA graduants are now proactively taking action to know more about the Association. The BIDA issue is a hot issue and its other people's comfort zone. Most people are not interested to talk about. From my personal view point, I feel the issue should not be swept under the carpet. People should take some initiatives and expose the corruption that took place in the association and defaulters should be brought to book.

I am going to write you a detailed paper on the Association. I have already started gathering information from reliable source and files from the council. The information will be made available to you latest on Monday.

Lets discuss the issue and map the wayforward.

Best regards

Pottar Muzamba
Project Director
Tonga Online
P. O. Box 47
Binga, Zimbabwe
Mwanapote

« Reply #3 on: December 17 2007 »

Temba,

Has anyone responded to your email? What do you envision in terms of programs for the BHSA? Is there anyone else in Binga or Zimbabwe at large who will be willing to work with you to put together some kind of agenda? I think that there are a number of people who may be willing to help in any way possible. Some, are allready doing other things to promote development in Binga, and the challenge is to see how we can merge these efforts so that they are more effective. That said, we have to think of what the alumni association's goals are going to be.

We have to define what that something is for people to rally around. As a step forward, people at home could come together to frame some kind of objectives and then share these with others for input. That way we can go beyond just talk.

Thanks

Mwanapote
Temba Munsaka

Mwapona buti basa?

tembamtee@hotmail.com
« Reply #4 on: January 07 2008 »

Friends,

Complements of the new season! We hope the new year will bring in a breathe of life to the ordinary people of our beloved land!

Does anyone have the headmaster's contact numbers (of BHS)? If there is anyone out there who can help with the drafting of a working document for the proposed ex stud assoc, please write to me.

Leza amulongezye!

Warm regards and best wishes for 2008!

Temba

Nsaka
Mwanapote

« Reply #5 on: January 17 2008 »

Dear All & Temba,

The idea of BHS alumni association is great, but like all great things, there has to be work put in to make it happen. Since there has not been much said thus far, I would like to propose some framework for discussing and implementing this noble idea.

In my humble opinion, there are two things we need to do. Establish what the organization stands for, and then figure out how we can actualize this vision. Thus, wee need to figure out the following:
1.   Our vision & mission, objectives, and goals.
a.   What should be the purpose of the organization?
i.   Are we just a support for the school or students alone?
b.   What activities do we need to do to accomplish our goals?
c.   What should be the deliverable or outcome of our activities?
d.   How are we going to organize ourselves around achieving our goals? This also addresses the question of governance.
2.   Who should be on the association
a.   Former students- how does this affect sustainability?
How are we going to relate to and or fit with the school's current structure. Are we a consultative body or we have standing within the school structure.

I recognize that there are many more questions to be asked and deliberated on to accomplish whatever goals we deem fit. However, I am inclined to believe that we could start with a few questions and gradually move toward addressing most of the issues.  Most importantly, we should have this association as an entity that exists to serve our people and school. In that light, it is important not to be too boged down with trying to create a structure. We can do some activities without even a structure. If we want to give a scholarship per year to the best Form 4 student, we can just raise money and do that.

I intend to send books to Binga sometime and this is something where the alumni association could be of assistance.

Thanks,

Dominic Muntanga
Temba Munsaka

Mwapona buti basa?

tembamtee@hotmail.com
« Reply #6 on: January 23 2008 »

Team,

How do i get in touch with the BHS Head? We would like to kick start the whole process by donating books and payment of school fees to derseving students. If anyone is willing to come along, please do so! we are tired of the talk, its time to act and help our beloved school!

Dominic, i agree with you totally and indeed, we must act NOW!

Regards,

Temba

Nsaka
Mwanapote

« Reply #7 on: January 25 2008 »

Team,

My vision is to have Binga become the ICT Capital of Zimbabwe and the Region! If you do an analysis of industry in Africa and Zimbabwe, we have a small population that we can bring together around a long term project to extricate our people from poverty!

On donating books: I commend you for this. Beyond Books, I would like us to think of systematic ways of making the school and Binga work for the future. We need to find ways to support teachers, the school, and of course students so that we have a great educational system. May be we could look at building a classroom, or housing for teachers to attract qualified teachers. I think we need to take care of teachers and find ways of attracting the best teachers to Binga. As a matter of accountability, we could set up performance bonuses and make sure Binga has the best teachers.

Let us work on the association and see how we can make Binga the Best place! Can we work on the document and then perhaps set up a meeting in March?

For  a start, let us establish, who is in Binga? Who wants to be a member so we can generate an emailing list and move this forward. We can create a gmail account so that we email each other constantly.

So far:

Temba Munsaka
Dominic Muntanga

.....Please add your name and or suggest names:

Dominic
Temba Munsaka

Mwapona buti basa?

tembamtee@hotmail.com
« Reply #8 on: February 25 2008 »

Dominic,

I think we should do it alone my friend, per adventure people will join latter on. What do you think? We can arrange to meet in Binga, hey?

Temba

Nsaka
Pages: [1] Print 
mulonga.net forum  |  IT Centers  |  Binga Highschool Alumni Forum  |  Topic: Binga High School-Ex Students Association « previous next »
Jump to: