Home | Help | Search | Login | Register

mulonga.net forum  |  Project Related  |  The Internet - Tool or threat for Tonga Culture?  |  Topic: Letīs take pride in our culture and preserve it « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Letīs take pride in our culture and preserve it  (Read 7888 times)
Peter Kuthan / AZFA
Global Moderator

« on: August 22 2007 »

Hie

Thank you for the email (Tonga.Online newsletter # 56) i recieved. I always take pride in my culture (Tonga) when i look at were we have come from and where we have reached today. I believe we are still on a journey for this is not our destination. I might only be a mere 23 yr old, hence does not know much about my culture but that which i have heard, seen and taught i believe it is enough for me to join the rest in the journey to true cultural identity. It is long indeed we have been looked down upon as illiterate, ignorant and unknowlegeable people. The few that are rising to the position of recognisable professions have a duty to resemble the majority, for when you save an individual you save the whole nation. Gone are the days when it was embarassing speaking in Tonga because you fear people will laugh at you. We have to be ourselves. God loves us the way we are. If He intended to see us as our fellow tribes want us to be, He wouldn't have made us to be the way we are. Lets take pride in our culture and preserve it.

Chipo Mudimba
Peter Kuthan / AZFA
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: August 22 2007 »

Ino, ndalumba Musa.  Ndatambula email sunu, inga ndalumba ncobeni.

(Ndakakkala kaindi ooku muli ndyniwe ku Cooma, cakumusaanza, 1974-1983).

Kuti kamupona kabotu nyoonse.

Ndamana.  ndime

John Thompson

(Norwich, England)
Peter Kuthan / AZFA
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: August 22 2007 »

Thank you so much for the newsletter, it shows me how important my culture is. Ndalumba kapati. Mwiinkilile enembo akututumizya magwalo aya. I hope to receive more newsletters from you. Thank you so much for supporting our culture.

God bless you

Regards,

Martin Dube
Peter Kuthan / AZFA
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: August 22 2007 »

Mwaamba kabotu, pesi, Musa.   Mebo Nsyaambauli chitonga kapati, pesi a nokubabooba, ndilaciyandisya!   I have never been embarrassed to try to speak a little Chitonga!

Mboobo, ndama Ndime
John Thompson
Peter Kuthan / AZFA
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: August 22 2007 »

Mwalibizya buti, Ba Martin?     Mebo muno mu England ndili buyo kabotu.   Muli Batonga ba ku Zambia, hena, na Ba ku Zimbabwe?   (Dube = Ncube?)

Mboobu, ncibotu.  Mukabaanaye bantu ba ku Cooma (Choma).

Atumutembaule Zambia!

Ndamana.

John  (Mweenzu mulonga...  a taakwe nobakandilanga a nkumu aaba bantu babotu ba ku musaanza.)
Peter Kuthan / AZFA
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: August 23 2007 »

Hi Peter!

I'm delighted to see that your activities in Tonga area still bear fruit! Yay!

I am doing well.

Howard Rheingold
Peter Kuthan / AZFA
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: August 23 2007 »

Myajula,

Ndalumba  kapati kutambula  lungwalo kuzwa kuli ndiwe

Swebo kuno tuli  buyo kabotu toonse, mebo zinalyango ndime stella mapani, bamazyali bangu boose mbatonga.  Ino mwakalikukala ali saindi kuchooma? mebo ndikala kusinazongwe ku laki kariba.
Mubajuzye boonse
Ndime wanu

stella mapani
Peter Kuthan / AZFA
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: August 24 2007 »

thank you for the Tonga newsletter. Please keep them coming

thank you
Maggie Makanza
Peter Kuthan / AZFA
Global Moderator

« Reply #8 on: September 01 2007 »

ndilumba kapati kujana imail eyi,zitondezya kuti aswebo nitutalikumuunzi mulatuyeya.
ndisyoma kukkula oku kulinkilila anembo.

carol mudenda
Peter Kuthan / AZFA
Global Moderator

« Reply #9 on: March 01 2008 »

l would like to welcome every member of the tonga online. I am proudly glad to be one of them. Keep the culture on top and regenerated

willie muleya
Pages: [1] Print 
mulonga.net forum  |  Project Related  |  The Internet - Tool or threat for Tonga Culture?  |  Topic: Letīs take pride in our culture and preserve it « previous next »
Jump to: