Home | Help | Search | Login | Register

mulonga.net forum  |  IT Centers  |  Binga Highschool Alumni Forum  |  Topic: TEMPORARY TEACHERS IN BINGA: WHAT WE MUST DO « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: TEMPORARY TEACHERS IN BINGA: WHAT WE MUST DO  (Read 1592 times)
Peter Kuthan / AZFA
Global Moderator

« on: January 24 2016 »

Posting by Dominic Muntanga / BINGA 2020 - https://www.facebook.com/groups/150749638410566/?fref=nf

I am personally very disheartened by the news that most Tonga temporary teachers in Binga are now out of the teaching because of Government policy to improve teaching quality by requiring qualified teachers to teach. While I support Government's stance to improve the quality of teaching in all of Zimbabwe, Binga included, I believe this policy has a disproportionately negative impact on the teaching and learning of Tonga in schools. Here is what I propose we do as a community: 1. Get a list of all of the affected temporary teachers (Name, Surname, Date of Birth, O' Level Qualification, A' Level Qualification, School where you last taught, What grade you taught, Career Aspiration.) 2. Use this information to do the following: 1. Get government to facilitate the train these teachers so that they can also improve their qualifications. 3. Find NGOs and other partners to help us create a scholarship fund for these young people to go into teachers colleges. This is not only about the education of our children, it is about our identity as a people. All of that said, the temporary teachers MUST also be willing to develop themselves professionally. Some of them have been in the system for 10-20 years and in that time, they have not thought about advancing themselves. Change and Development begins with you!

Send the information to binga2020@gmail.com
Pages: [1] Print 
mulonga.net forum  |  IT Centers  |  Binga Highschool Alumni Forum  |  Topic: TEMPORARY TEACHERS IN BINGA: WHAT WE MUST DO « previous next »
Jump to: